Bleaching is an effective method of dealing with the yellowness and stains on the teeth. Are there any safe methods? In this article, the most secure methods of professional and home teeth whitening, and presented the main contraindications for this procedure. You will learn how to whiten your teeth without harm to health and which methods are most effective in the struggle for a beautiful smile.
Methods of professional whitening
In most cases people are not trying to fight with dark teeth at home and seek help from professionals in dentistry. It is from their skills and craftsmanship directly determines the final result. Therefore, the main most secure methods of professional whitening include:
- Photo bleaching. This aesthetic procedure is considered to be one of the most popular in the world. This manipulation involves the scanning of the teeth led, halogen or UV lamps. But not only the light that fights spots and yellowing. Before impact the lights teeth, the dentists cover them with a special solution, which includes hydrogen peroxide and a catalyst. Thus, a radiant smile is achieved through a chemical reaction on the surface, accelerating due to light heating. According to dentists, this procedure allows us to whiten your teeth a few shades. However, doctors emphasize that to resort to photo bleaching is for people whose teeth are yellowish, as the owners of the grey teeth, most likely will not be happy with the end result.
- Laser whitening. This method is ideal for people who are by nature endowed with a yellowish or grayish teeth. According to experts, he has the most gentle and safe effect on the enamel (in comparison with chemical bleaching). For the procedure doctors use a special gel, which removes stains and brightens teeth by the laser beam. During the manipulations the patient does not feel any discomfort and pain. In compliance with all requirements and recommendations of the doctor, the effect can last at least 4 years.
- Chemical whitening. This clinical method for several years is a subject of debate dentists all over the world. Chemical whitening involves coating the tooth surface with special structure, the components of which reacts, release atomic oxygen. He bleaches the pigments of the dentin of the tooth. This procedure can last from 2 to 3 hours. The effect of her visible immediately and can last more than 5 years.
- Opalescence Xtra Boost. This technique is very popular not only in Russia but throughout the world. Included in the list of most secure ways. Its essence consists in activating the special solution with the help of chemical catalyst. The resulting gel is applied to enamel a few times. Bleaching on the basis of active oxygen Opalescence takes place in several stages. Thus, the doctor determines how many times the patient needs to visit his office.
- ZOOM. Another method that deserves to be included in the list of most secure. Bleaching in this system takes place in several stages, which includes: preparation of the teeth, fabrication of mouthguards, whitening directly, a course of maintain the result. This system covers tooth enamel with a special solution, which is based on phosphate potassium. The action of the bleaching gel aktiviziruyutsya using ultraviolet lamps. The result of the procedure is really impressive, the teeth become shiny and smooth.
It's fun! White teeth have always been considered attractive. So, during the Roman Empire the symbol of wealth was considered a Golden dentures. In the middle Ages the highest pride of the "elite" of society was rotten, bad teeth. And in Ancient China, black teeth helped young girls to quickly find the best groom.
Safe ways at home
There are several safe and effective whitening folk remedies, proven over the years. You can apply them yourself at home. So, among the most popular methods of combating yellowing and stains on the teeth at home include:
- Cleaning of dining room soda. This way the majority of dentists think it is not only effective but also safe. It involves the application of baking soda on the enamel and grinding it with a normal toothbrush. However, the result from this procedure will have to wait a few months. Read more about method of bleaching with baking soda "
- Hydrogen peroxide. Most of all, this method attracts impatient people who are not willing to wait a few months before the first results of home whitening. It should be noted that hydrogen peroxide is a key component of almost all advertised methods of professional whitening. This solution really does make teeth a few shades lighter, but its application may edge have a negative impact on the condition of the gums: they can become very sensitive and often ill. Read more about whitening with peroxide "
- Cleaning teeth with strawberries. Until recently, people never even thought about the unique properties of strawberries, enjoying solely his taste. In fact, these sweet berries is the worst enemy of plaque and stains on teeth. For best results, mash the strawberries into a puree and use as ordinary toothpaste.
- Resin. This method is not fully understood. However, the dentists agree that resin trees are really able to clean the tooth surface as it has in its composition the potassium hydroxide. However, the doctors strictly warn that frequent use of tree SAP can damage the enamel.
- Grass. There are several types of herbs, which are perfectly bleached teeth and positively affect the General condition of the oral cavity. The most effective of them Basil and sage. Safe whitening with the help of sage provides for daily cleaning with the use of milled into powder plants.
- Clean teeth with iodine. This method, according to dentists, is based solely on the contrasts. People weekly lubricating the teeth with iodine solution, genuinely surprised white, removing the dark stains from their surface. But, nevertheless, this method is absolutely safe for health.
Remember! There is no such method of teeth whitening which would guarantee the result for life. The key to long-term effect of the procedure is the implementation of all recommendations of the dentist care.
The main contraindications
The list of contraindications to teeth whitening include:
- too young age (dentists do not serve patients who are under the age of 16 years);
- the presence of fillings or crowns on teeth;
- the presence of the alignment of the braces;
- periodontal disease.
Before you go for teeth whitening in the clinic or decide to home treatments to eliminate stains and yellowing, is not only to understand the features of each of the techniques, but also to choose the most safe and effective method, which not only provide a beautiful smile, but will not harm the health.
Safe teeth whitening
If you are going to make the whitening along with the aesthetic effect you are probably concerned about saving tooth structure and acid-base balance in the mouth. Make the teeth white and not to damage them? Whitening can be safe, under certain rules.
When bleaching may cause damage
If the teeth have defects (chips, cracks, enamel "drops"-the build-up), developing tooth decay and periodontal disease, to resort to the services of beauticians do not. The fact that it is essentially the bleaching process is a chemical reaction, that is, the effect is achieved by oxidation.
The second factor is incorrectly selected method and the use of aggressive acid drugs that exceeds the dosage (whitening gels are created on the basis of hydrogen peroxide and urea, which does not respect the proportions act as lye). Specialist it is fair to promise you effective whitening if it is not disturbed by the further destiny of the patient.
If you are not sure in the professionalism of the beautician and the quality of drugs is better to abandon the procedure because its result is almost unpredictable.
It is possible to consider home whitening gentle
There is a perception that to make the teeth brighter in the home for a gentle whitening safely and more cheaply, available to anyone.
Actually agree only with its availability, the rest of you need to understand.
The main reason which should force to refuse self-selection of bleaches, lack necessary medical knowledge, and the impossibility of control over the process.
Acidic products that recommend the use of "traditional healers", are dangerous for enamel, as it affect it is no less aggressive than chemical drugs.
Before using any whitening products need to visit a specialist who will be able to pick them up individually, taking into account contraindications.
At home for safe whitening of the teeth using special trays, and an additional means – medicated toothpastes.
Methods for safe teeth whitening
In salons and medical clinics offers a variety of options for safe whitening, so you need to have a minimum idea about their features:
- Procedure using a laser beam will interest those who seek long-term effect and absence of unpleasant sensations. Today it is considered the most secure, but you still need to consider individual contraindications.
- System Air Flow (air flow) allows to lighten the teeth. To use it in chronic bronchitis and asthma is dangerous.
- Photo gives a visible whitening effect, but should only be conducted in the clinic. The gums are protected by special means, and after application of fluoride cleaned.
- Chemical bleaching gel must be under the constant supervision of the dentist, as it requires very careful execution.
When forced to choose between efficiency and safety, it is necessary to visit the dentist and undergo comprehensive diagnosis.
Gentle method of whitening can be considered neutral, if you want optimal, as under the joint responsibility of the patient and the dentist leads to a very noticeable and, most importantly, better results.
Safe teeth whitening
Effective and safe teeth whitening is the dream of everyone who wants to obtain a perfectly white Hollywood smile and not to harm health. The problem is that because of our dietary habits, inadequate oral hygiene and other factors, the enamel gradually acquires a distinct yellow tint. And to get rid of him — quite a difficult task, it is good that today there are many ways to solve it.
Tooth whitening will give a smile, radiant and healthy look. You can use the services of professional dentists, or choose home methods. It all depends on your preferences and financial capabilities. At your discretion you can clean the enamel, making it a few shades lighter or dramatically whiten teeth.
It is important to remember that bleaching is a serious procedure, even if you spend it at home, do not forget about safety. Otherwise you run the risk of making your teeth very sensitive or severely damage the enamel.
Please note that bleaching is not desirable for pregnant women, and people with sensitive enamel should in any case consult a specialist to choose the most gentle cleaning program teeth.
Safe methods of teeth whitening in dentistry
If you want to be fully confident in the effectiveness of whitening, a good option is to go to a dental clinic. Experts will select the best method and will tell you how to rebuild the top layer of enamel after the procedure.
Today there are many different ways to make a smile brighter.
Brushing your teeth
In the strict sense, cleaning — not bleaching. But it is the most safe procedure that allows you to make the enamel several shades lighter. To be precise, the cleaning restores the smile to its original color, in fact, a healthy shade of teeth may not be white. Enamel is usually yellow or grayish.
- Cleaning is carried out in several ways. Note the two most popular options: the First cleaning with the machine Airflow, which feeds on the teeth a jet of abrasive solution. Small particles were removed by soft sediments and yellow.
- If you need to remove dental stones, a good solution is the second method is ultrasonic cleaning. Vibration allow you to destroy hard deposits and remove the most difficult stains.